At flexiOPS we are always on the look-out for new talent. If you'd like to build on your career in development, project management and technology marketing, we'd love to hear from you.
Each team member is fully involved in our research, development and production work, working for us is a fantastic opportunity to learn a great deal from expert technologists across our broad network of collaborative projects around Europe. As we are a small business we offer lots of flexibility with plenty of room for career growth and aspirations.
We are currently recruiting for the following roles:
See below for more details and email email@example.com if you are interested in applying.
flexiOPS have an excellent opportunity for an exciting development role in the cutting edge of European collaborative research and innovation. Based in our Livingston office with some interesting European travel, the role will provide development and technical support to assist our company as it embarks on new research and innovation within Horizon 2020 Research & Development Projects towards the development of new products and services. The versatile role would suit a candidate with at least 2 years experience.
Each team member is fully involved in our research, development and production work. Working for us is a fantastic opportunity to learn a great deal from expert technologists across our broad network of collaborative projects around Europe. As we are a small business we offer lots of flexibility with plenty of room for career growth and aspirations.
This versatile role would suit a developer with at least 2 years of commercial experience in programming. Equally as important are an ability to build strong relationships, friendly personality, good team working skills, ability to quickly learn new skills and communicate effectively. The main aspects of the role are to:
- Undertake coding in object oriented languages including Java and Python to aid interoperability between a cloud software stack and project developments
- Allow 3rd party tools to communicate effectively to our cloud software via SOAP API, RESTful interface and programmable plug-ins
- Understand and translate technical and business requirements from projects into applications
- Take responsibility for delivering against identified project activities, work packages and written deliverables.
- Travel to a range of locations across Europe to align collaboration efforts with some of our European partners during critical elements of our projects
The successful candidate will possess some of the following skills:
- A good working knowledge of object-oriented programming predominantly Java and Python
- Familiarity with Cloud environments
- Experience of Linux environments and Bash scripting
- Experience of source control (Git, SVN etc.)
- Proficiency in document writing
- Communication and presentation skills
- Excellent collaborator within disparate teams
- An interest and ability to work across various European locations
Characteristics of successful candidates
- An ability to learn new technologies quickly
- High motivation with enthusiasm to succeed and progress
- Excellent problem solving ability, with an inquisitive and logical approach
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Sound planning & organisational skills to handle the workload and to prioritise activities in a dynamic work environment
- Capability to present and communicate project status to a wider audience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Willingness to travel
- Collaborative project experience
- A can do attitude with a streak of perfectionism
You will ideally have at least a 2:1 (or equivalent) in a computer science type degree.
Salary and Benefits: An above average salary depending on experience and a generous company benefits package.
flexiOPS are a spin-off SME from Flexiant, the cloud innovators. We have a rich history spanning the IT hosted services domain including websites, DNS, domain registrar, load balancing, firewalls, dedicated solutions and data centre management. This skillset ensured we were pioneers in the cloud domain and developed leading cloud orchestration software for on-demand, automated provisioning of cloud services as well as delivering the first public cloud platform in Europe.
flexiOPS are positioned in the cloud services domain and are developing a number of tools and consultancy/training services to help businesses make the move to the cloud painlessly and affordably, with our flexible and innovative approach. Currently we are developing a series of deployment and runtime solutions to exploit this growing market.
flexiOPS is Scotland’s most successful provider of innovative infrastructure and software technology solutions within the Horizon 2020 funding program. Horizon 2020 is the largest European Research and Innovation programme ever with nearly €80 billion of funding available over 7 years (2014 to 2020) – in addition to the private investment that these opportunities will attract. It promises more breakthroughs, discoveries and world-firsts by taking great ideas from the lab to the market. flexiOPS are currently partnered in three exciting H2020 projects; DICE, ENTICE and BEACON.