At flexiOPS we are always on the look-out for new talent. If you'd like to build on your career in development, project management and technology marketing, we'd love to hear from you.
Each team member is fully involved in our research, development and production work, working for us is a fantastic opportunity to learn a great deal from expert technologists across our broad network of collaborative projects around Europe. As we are a small business we offer lots of flexibility with plenty of room for career growth and aspirations.
We are currently recruiting for the following roles:
Business Development Officer
See below for more details and email email@example.com if you are interested in applying.
flexiOPS have an excellent opportunity for an exciting development role in the cutting edge of European collaborative research and innovation. Based in our Livingston office with some interesting European travel, the role will provide development and technical support to assist our company as it embarks on new research and innovation within Horizon 2020 Research & Development Projects towards the development of new products and services. The versatile role would suit a candidate with at least 2 years experience.
Each team member is fully involved in our research, development and production work. Working for us is a fantastic opportunity to learn a great deal from expert technologists across our broad network of collaborative projects around Europe. As we are a small business we offer lots of flexibility with plenty of room for career growth and aspirations.
This versatile role would suit a developer with at least 2 years of commercial experience in programming. Equally as important are an ability to build strong relationships, friendly personality, good team working skills, ability to quickly learn new skills and communicate effectively. The main aspects of the role are to:
- Undertake coding in object oriented languages including Java and Python to aid interoperability between a cloud software stack and project developments
- Allow 3rd party tools to communicate effectively to our cloud software via SOAP API, RESTful interface and programmable plug-ins
- Understand and translate technical and business requirements from projects into applications
- Take responsibility for delivering against identified project activities, work packages and written deliverables.
- Travel to a range of locations across Europe to align collaboration efforts with some of our European partners during critical elements of our projects
The successful candidate will possess some of the following skills:
- A good working knowledge of object-oriented programming predominantly Java and Python
- Familiarity with Cloud environments
- Experience of Linux environments and Bash scripting
- Experience of source control (Git, SVN etc.)
- Proficiency in document writing
- Communication and presentation skills
- Excellent collaborator within disparate teams
- An interest and ability to work across various European locations
Characteristics of successful candidates
- An ability to learn new technologies quickly
- High motivation with enthusiasm to succeed and progress
- Excellent problem solving ability, with an inquisitive and logical approach
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Sound planning & organisational skills to handle the workload and to prioritise activities in a dynamic work environment
- Capability to present and communicate project status to a wider audience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Willingness to travel
- Collaborative project experience
- A can do attitude with a streak of perfectionism
You will ideally have at least a 2:1 (or equivalent) in a computer science type degree.
Salary and Benefits: An above average salary depending on experience and a generous company benefits package.
flexiOPS are a spin-off SME from Flexiant, the cloud innovators. We have a rich history spanning the IT hosted services domain including websites, DNS, domain registrar, load balancing, firewalls, dedicated solutions and data centre management. This skillset ensured we were pioneers in the cloud domain and developed leading cloud orchestration software for on-demand, automated provisioning of cloud services as well as delivering the first public cloud platform in Europe.
flexiOPS are positioned in the cloud services domain and are developing a number of tools and consultancy/training services to help businesses make the move to the cloud painlessly and affordably, with our flexible and innovative approach. Currently we are developing a series of deployment and runtime solutions to exploit this growing market.
flexiOPS is Scotland’s most successful provider of innovative infrastructure and software technology solutions within the Horizon 2020 funding program. Horizon 2020 is the largest European Research and Innovation programme ever with nearly €80 billion of funding available over 7 years (2014 to 2020) – in addition to the private investment that these opportunities will attract. It promises more breakthroughs, discoveries and world-firsts by taking great ideas from the lab to the market. flexiOPS are currently partnered in three exciting H2020 projects; DICE, ENTICE and BEACON.
Business Development Officer
Providing marketing and administrative support to flexiOPS existing project teams, managing workflow and activity on our H2020 Research & Development Projects and developing new products and services.
You will be a key team player within our projects team, which is funded by the European Commission, to carry out innovative research projects. We are looking for someone who can take ownership of both internal and external communications across a portfolio of Cloud computing projects. The post holder will make a significant contribution to the management of our web sites, social media channels and external web portals. They will also be expected to take the lead in managing and delivering project activities at various partner meetings throughout Europe.
- Researching and writing business plans for exploiting project results, taking research to the marketplace
- Web design (HTML and CSS) and CMS administration using WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite
- Maintaining Social Media communities
- Copywriting and editing of blogs, press releases and internal communications
- Monitoring KPIs and metrics for project dissemination activity
- Preparation for involvement in events and conferences, organising involvement and supporting speakers on the day
- Preparation of reports for the European Commissions and presenting work to reviewers
- Liaison with multiple stakeholders across Europe to coordinate contributions to marketing efforts via email and teleconferences
- Attend regular project meetings (throughout Europe) to present project progress and coordinate future work
- Working flexibly across the team’s activities as needed
The right candidate will be comfortable across the marketing mix, happy getting their hands dirty writing copy everyday, managing social media communities and building and editing websites. This role will be based across Edinburgh and Livingston and will involve regular travel across Europe to collaborate with our research partners.
FlexiOPS is Scotland’s most successful provider of innovative infrastructure and software technology solutions within the Horizon 2020 funding program. Offering a complete IaaS software platform that allows partners to explore monetised cloud business services.
Since 2010, under the previous guise of Flexiant Research, flexiOPS became a key player in the European Commission funded FP7 and Horizon 2020 research programmes. Since 2016 flexiOPS has continued this heritage helping to guide projects in their shape and form to ensure that the output of the project can be realised in the marketplace. We also allow project partners to utilise the state of the art cloud platform that we host. In addition, flexiOPS works closely with partners to ensure project progress is disseminated successfully and that project results are exploited to their full potential.
If you are interested in working for flexiOPS drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.